Even brilliant quality writing requires editing. Editing is one of the most important factors which decide the success of your writing pieces. If you find difficulty in editing your thesis, you can always choose the best editing services that can help you in getting rid of any errors that might have entered into your dissertation while it would have been written.
Non-fiction writers need to be extremely cautious while editing their work. Here is a list of few editing tips that can assist the non-fiction writers to focus on their editing efforts and improve their writing.
- Make your writing more appealing– Your writing must be able to grab the attention of maximum number of readers, so making it engaging is very important.
- You should cut-short the sentences– Similar to dissertation proofreading, even while editing a non-fiction piece of writing, it is very important to keep your sentences as short as possible. You should use sentence length of not more than 15-17 words. Avoid usage of complex sentences and phrases.
- Sentences need to be in active voice– You should never use passive verbs and gerunds in your writing. Always begin with a subject followed by an action verb.
- Avoid using lofty language– You should always use short and well-known words used in everyday conversation. Avoid using maximum number of syllables as this might confuse the readers.
- Use specific nouns and descriptive adjectives so as to make your writing more appealing and engaging.
A non-fiction writer needs to focus on all the above mentioned points and once he/she does this, he/she can actually achieve a brilliant amount of excellence in gathering maximum number of readers for his/her work.
Research proposals are required for all sorts of studies, whether it is a detailed 10000 words thesis or a brief 3000 words project. If there is a research design to be framed, or a literature review to be done, research proposal needs to be prepared and submitted. The length and scope of the proposal will depend on that of the dissertation. Normally a dissertation proposal varies between 5-20 pages.
Whatever be the nature of proposal, it has to be perfect if the researcher wants to get it approved in the first go. As there is a format for dissertation, so is there for a proposal also. It contains an introduction, a literature review, research design and a short conclusion. All this needs to be in order and written in a perfect language, suitable for the master’s degree. Editing services are available for dissertation proposals, which ensure that the proposal is error free and receives the proper response from the supervisor and the review committee.
Dissertation proofreading also includes a check of the proposal. Since the proposal is a vital part of the research, a researcher must make his best efforts for making the proposal in a way which can be followed for the detailed dissertation. It is basically a draft of what the researcher will produce in his research work and proves to be a framework to be followed, regarding the research design, data collection tools and data analysis tools. Proofreading of the proposal needs to be done so that the language and the grammar are as per the requirement. Editing and proofreading together make the proposal so perfect that it cannot be rejected.
Editors are also subject matter experts and check the reliability of the sources used in the literature review, the suitability of the tools chosen for data collection and analysis in the research design and the validity of aims of research or research questions mentioned in the introduction. Thus, all aspects of a proposal are reviewed.